The Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) is a government-backed grant initiative managed by Ofgem, utilizing vouchers. It targets customers with qualifying installations commissioned on or after April 1st, 2022.
The primary goal of the scheme is to alleviate the upfront expenses associated with installing renewable heating technologies for residential customers by offering a one-time voucher payment towards the total installation cost.
The Boiler Upgrade Scheme (BUS) will be open for applications for a period of 3 years starting from April 2022. During this timeframe, customers can apply for a voucher for eligible installations at any point. The application process for BUS is facilitated by the installer, with HP2G responsible for applying for the voucher on behalf of the customer.
Air source heat pump installations will qualify for a voucher valued at £5,000, which remains valid for 3 months. It's important to note that if installations are not completed and commissioned within this timeframe, extending the voucher will not be possible. However, reapplying will be straightforward.
To be eligible for the voucher, installations must meet the following criteria:
- Utilization of air source heat pump, ground source heat pump, or biomass boiler (limited to off-gas, rural areas).
- Commissioning of the installation must occur after April 1st, 2022.
- The installation must fulfill all requirements for space heating and hot water without the use of a boiler for backup or top-up heating.
- The installation must be designed and commissioned by a company certified by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
- The property must not have any loft or cavity wall insulation advisories on the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), or evidence must be provided to show that these advisories have been addressed before redeeming the voucher. Properties built according to the latest building regulations are exempt from requiring an EPC.
Claim £7,500 off your Heat Pump Install!
Fill out our Enquiry form today to get started!